Thursday, April 4, 2013

Etsy

So I have officially started my Etsy store and putting a lot of effort into it.  I have been spending a lot of time in the forums and reading articles as I want to make sure the store is the best it can be, but I have realized how much work really needs to be done.

I am pretty excited about it, as I want a project (Husband's Note: Her previous projects were telling me I need to get in shape. Now I can loaf in peace!). Of course I would love for it to be a successful project but right now it is nice to have something to do and to talk about that isn't centered around diapers or speech ability. (Husband's Note: Or how her husband could do with less bacon in general.)

I have been doing a lot of reading on how to make a successful store some of it useful, some of it conflicting, and some of it a waste of time.  So bit by bit I will go through some of what I have learnt.  Today's information: Photography!

*Photographs You need to have good photographs.  If the photo doesn't do your artwork justice, no one will want to buy. This is one area I am still working on and constantly re-taking pictures to see if I can get better light or better angles. I have recently started editing photos on picmonkey and love the site. It is easy to use and you don't need to sign up.

Today I re-took most of my photos and realized I will need to do some of them again...again.  Brightness has been a huge issue I didn't realize how dark my photos were. (Husband's Note: Black as the Ace of Spades, they were.)

Right now my set up is really simple. I have a white board for background and use a white cardboard piece to place the item on.  I photograph right by a window to get as much natural light as possible but I still need to lighten the pictures up after.  Please share any tips you have learnt in your photography adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment