Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Sick Days

Everyone that has children knows that there is no such thing as a sick day.  People without kids don't always understand this, they seem to think as I don't have a job, I don't work.

Anyway last week I was sick (right in time for Easter and my daughter's second birthday!) and I had another non-sick day.  I got the worst case of guilt as all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and this was the opposite of what my kids wanted.  They didn't really get it and wanted to go outside or play their current favourite game "monster".  They see an adult lying down and think that their first response should be to jump on them.  Although they have become much better sleepers recently, they both took this night of all nights to wake up in the middle of the night and have to sleep in our bed. (Husband's Note: As you can imagine, this leaves our bed rather crowded. It doesn't help that our kids are restless sleepers and kick.)

Fortunately I have great in-laws and while I was catching up on sleep this morning, my husband arranged for the kids to spend the night at their place so I am now catching up on much needed rest. (Husband's Note: Oh sure, the in laws are great, but does the husband who arranges anything get any credit? Noooo.)

I started this post with the intention of giving tips on how to cope and get through those horrible days we all have, but between being in a haze of exhaustion and realizing I didn't cope- I just spent most of the day feeling sorry for myself I have no real tips. Just that you will get better, your children won't suffer because they have one day where they watch a little extra tv and there is nothing wrong with throwing a pity party.


No comments:

Post a Comment