Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Husband's Notes


So, unless you've been under a rock for the last four years, (considering you're reading this online...unlikely) you probably know that the Economy is in the crapper. Going by the most jolly of rubrics, nearly one out of every ten adults is unemployed or underemployed, and that's not even counting the people who've given up. People with Masters degrees are fortunate to get a job flipping burgers at McDonalds, and the longer you've been unemployed, the worse off you have it.

So, what are you to do?

Well, fortunately for you, I'm here to tell you stuff you probably have already figured out by now. Over 75% of success revolves around you actually “showing up”.

Now what do I mean by that?

What I mean is that if you want to do something, daydreaming about it gets you nowhere. You have to have the guts to act on it and make things happen for yourself.

A practical example of this is my wife. And all you crafty types out there. If you didn't take a look at your sewing needles and your macrame and your basket weaving and say “You know, I'll bet someone would pay actual money for this”, you'd be right back to where you began.

Put it another way, 100% of the stuff you never show people will never sell.

And this carries over into every part of life. That pretty girl at the laundromat? That cute guy at the office you've been mooning over for the last six months? If you don't tell them that you're infatuated with them, they won't know. That job you've been thinking of applying to? You won't get it if you don't apply.

So, you crafty types, keep on crafting, and keep your chin up! You're doing great! (Wife's notes: I was reading through this post, having no idea what subject matter my husband was going to pick. Since it made me go all gushy reading it I thought I would refrain from snarky comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment